17 Apr 2016

Back on 10m WSPR

WSPRnet seems to be working again. I have been on 10m WSPR for about 20 minutes so far but I am only being spotted by local Jenny G0VQH who is 15km south of me. No DX yet.
QRP station. Currently on 10m WSPR
UPDATE 1615z:  Apart from a single spot this afternoon by OZ9QV (864km) nobody else at any range has copied me on 10m WSPR today. I have copied Norway and Sweden on 10m WSPR today so there is short-skip (Es?) around.  I'll leave the rig running a bit longer on 10m WSPR in case there are any S.Americans. In the coming months you sometimes get mixed modes on 10m with Es joining with F2 further south and some remarkable distances are possible.   USA DX by multi-hop Es on 10m and 6m is usually later in the summer. In past Es seasons I have copied USA, Caribbean and S.Americans by Es on 6m. I have only worked the USA once on 6m CW QRP but that was by Es. At the time 6m sounded like 20m!

2 comments:

Jan, OZ9QV said...

Hi Roger,
I spotted your WSPR signal for the first time moments ago. Working here with an FT-817 and an active antenna (1m whip)
Nice seeing you coming through. Today has seen a fair amount of activity on 10m from Italy, Spain, England and Scotland, all assumed to be Es propagation, and a QSO with S01 (Western Sahara probably F2).

Vy 73 de Jan, OZ9QV

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks for the 10m WSPR spot Jan. Yes, I guess this is Es now.