24 Nov 2015

Stroke - NOT amateur radio

I am truly fed up with the after-effects of my stroke. Most of the time on my feet I am exhausted and giddy. My voice is still very poor. Nobody, and I mean nobody, seems to comprehend the hell I am living through. Outwardly I look "normal" and healthy. Inside is a different matter.

All I want is for things not to totally exhaust me and not to feel so wobbly. I feel so useless inside. Sitting down on the PC is fine, but the moment I try to do anything physical or mental I am soon "done in".

It seems a long time since I was my old self.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roger,

I have been following your blog(s) for quite some time and have read your comments regarding the after effects of your stroke. I wish I could do something to make everything right in the world for you but alas I cannot.

I have not suffered anything like that which you have but I can sympathize. As I grow older my knees get wobbly, my stamina wains, and my eye sight grows weak, my spirit still wants me to able to climb and run and jump like as I did when much younger but the aches and creaks and what not tell me otherwise. It is indeed very frustrating to try and do some of those simple things I used to take for granted but now struggle with. As frustrated as this makes me feel, I know there are others worse off.

Getting old sucks but I just have to keep reminding myself to make the best of it.

May every day in some way be a bit better than the last or least no worse.

Kindest regards, and best wishes.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc

Roger G3XBM said...

Graham, heartfelt thanks and best wishes.

G1KQH said...

Forget your dismal talk, your here and two years ago you might have not! Look of all those little holls and trips you have been having this year and more to come! Think of the Turkey & Tinsel and all those Harvey Bristol cream's your going to get down your neck as you play with the Grand kids.

Plus you never know Mrs L XBM XYL might have a little present for you hidden away behind the wardrobe?


73 Steve

Roger G3XBM said...

Steve, you never fail to make me feel good!

G1KQH said...

I might start a keep you going happy clinic :-)

He would like One of those New ICOM SDR rigs Mrs L the 7300.. I think Martin is taking advanced orders..


73 Steve