3 Oct 2015

Soon be time to QSY to 472kHz WSPR

6m WSPR has produced better results (so far) today than 10m, but only with spots of G stations. Tonight I shall leave 10m WSPR running, but QSY to 630m (472kHz) transmit (20%) and receive (80%).

Unfortunately I shall not be able to use the RX preamp, so this will really be a test for others looking for my 5mW ERP signal.  Copying a weak signal on a sometimes noisy band demands a very good RX system, so all credit to those who manage it.  In past DX seasons this has been detected on WSPR at more than 1000km.

I shall go QRT on 10m later this evening, but will probably run MF WSPR through the night.

UPDATE 1710z:  Although there was a weak carrier on 6m about 10 minutes ago, I have QSYed to MF now for the evening and overnight

UPDATE 1935z:  I realised at 1900z that I had not been reporting my ERP correctly as I forgot to reset this when I QSYed to 630m from 6m. This has now been corrected to 5mW ERP.  For the record, my 630m ERP has been 5mW all evening and not 1W.

UPDATE 2152z:  Just about to go QRT on 10m WSPR, but will stay on 630m WSPR overnight.

No comments: