17 May 2015

Sunspots and 10m - May 17th 2015

Sunspot number is 103 (K=2) and 10m propagation is expected to be "fair" today.  I was surprised that 10m briefly opened to the USA last evening, but this is where WSPR proves its worth catching very brief openings.
 
UPDATE 1055z:  10m Es in evidence with spots this morning from CT, SM and EA.  No DX outside of Europe seen on 10m so far today.

UPDATE 1815z:   Plenty of Es around and lots of spots by EA8BVP (2986km) presumably by F2. He has spotted  me 21 times today far. The K index has dropped to 1 and I am hopeful of a brief USA 10m opening later this evening.  We will have to wait and see. In the meantime, I am also on 6m WSPR hoping for some Es outside Europe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Roger,
My 0.4 watts was spotted by VK5MR at 09:24 this morning on 10m, so there was DX outside of Europe. I keep meaning to configure a raspberry Pi to drive my FT 817, so that I can be available on 6M wspr from South Bucks. Regards. Nick G0OQK.

Roger G3XBM said...

Nice going Nick. I think my antenna could be better on 10m and I am about 5-10dB down on what I could achieve. 10m open to the USA this evening (Sunday).