5 Apr 2015

More 472kHz WSPR

Recent 472kHz WSPR spots -5mW ERP
Although I am still both TXing and RXing on 472kHz WSPR, the WSPRnet database does not show me as active as I have not spotted, or been spotted, on that band in the last 10 minutes.

PA0A has been copied a few times today but the last spot of my 5mW ERP was G3THQ (88km) at breakfast time, although I have just been spotted by G0HNW (200km), who I think is a new reporter.

I think these will be my last few days on this MF band before the autumn. Before I return, I need to improve my RX system as I know this is deaf. It would be good to come back with a "proper" antenna for the band with an ERP more in line with that of others e.g. greater than 100mW ERP.

UPDATE 1700z:  G0HNW has now spotted me 7 times.  From his reports, I am right on the edge of copy with reports in the -28 to -31dB S/N region.

No comments: