17 Dec 2014

6m WSPR - all I need now are some spots!

Having corrected my frequency setting error - I blame my stroke and muddled brain (!) - and reset my PC to internet time (after the Virgin Media broadband worked again), I am now on frequency and accurate time on 6m.  Just looking for some spots now! No luck as yet.

UPDATE 1640z:  Completely separate from my 6m WSPR kit (PC and FT817), I am on 10m WSPR TX running 500mW from my WSPR-AXE-CW beacon designed by W5OLF.  Plenty of spots from the USA already on 10m WSPR.

UPDATE 1704z:  Still no luck, so far, on 6m, but I shall be on all night, ever hopeful.  At least there is some activity from the UK from IO92 square which should be in range via aircraft reflection.   Maybe I'll get lucky.  At least I should now be on frequency and time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger
I left my receiver on 6m WSPR last night but heard nothing. Will do same again tonight, using V2000 vertical from IO93GF.
Regards

Andy
G4TJJ

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Andy. I shall be on overnight and 6m frequency and timing should be good. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Roger
no signals received. Off to work now so QRT.
Andy
G4TJJ