14 Sept 2014

10m WSPR - USA yet again today

N2OTO (7088km), in EL96wi square (Florida) - damn this FCC nonsense on USA call areas -53spotted me at 1322z today on 10m WSPR. Unless I am mistaken (there have been a lot of stateside spots this summer) this is the 16th USA opening I have caught this summer. The "conventional wisdom" is this is multi-hop Es, but I have my doubts. I seem to be spotted on lots of days, so hardly "sporadic".  Maybe it is F2 backscatter?  2W to my indifferent antenna seems to be enough.KZ8C

In addition, Es to Scandinavia on 10m is still good with OH6GKW spotted.

UPDATE 1400z: I now see that KC1AWS (5308km) was spotting me from near Worcester, Massachusetts, USA i.e. New England.  At 1346z I spotted him too. WG2Z (5600km) was also spotting me. They are coming in thick and fast now from the USA. KZ8C was just spotted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to finally get the WSPR QSO, Roger. I also spotted FR1GZ earlier for the first time in quite a few months. Hopefully this bodes well for the band this autumn - Gary KC1AWS

Roger G3XBM said...

Gary, Ten is in good shape again today.

Anonymous said...

Just spotted TJ3TS in Cameroon. First W. Africa for me. Always tempted to turn the power up to make it a 2-way. Must keep the faith, though. KC1AWS