15 Jul 2014

FT817 - wrong setting!

Just realised that I had my FT817ND set to USB and not DIG, so I was not sending any modulation on WSPR TX! This has now been corrected, so I am hopeful of some spots this evening. This is the second time I have made this mistake. It remains to be seen if this was the reason for no spots earlier.

UPDATE 1820z:  Still no 10m spots!  Must be conditions. Will leave the rig on 10m this evening to see if things improve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have done the same thing, Roger.

Martin, G4FFC.

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Martin. Good to know I am not the only one! Still no spots here though even with the right settings.


Anonymous said...

Me too, and I have to be careful I get it on the right USB or LSB depending on WSPR/JT65 vs RTTY.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc