2 Jun 2014

Health update (stroke)

You may (or may not!) remember that last September I was very ill and needed an operation on my brain for a bleed. I was discharged from hospital Jan 3rd 2014 and have been recovering at home, albeit slowly.

Today I had to attend a neuro clinic at Addenbrookes Hospital as an out-patient. They seem very pleased with my recovery, which is good news.  I may be driving again in the next few months.

They are doing a further MRI scan June 30th to see if my remaining giddiness when walking/turning can be helped. In all, it was a good outcome - nothing dramatic to report. Giddiness should continue to improve given time - just be patient - as the brain learns to cope and rewires itself.

3 comments:

G1KQH said...

That is good news!

73 G1KQH

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks Steve. It is all too long for me and I have to learn to be patient.

DaveL said...

Glad you're making progress! Don't give up, we enjoy your blog very much.
73s,
KF7JAF