11 Jan 2014

Mizuho transceivers

Although, I  think, Mizuho transceivers are no longer being made, these were popular in the 1970s and 1980s. Most common were the single band SSB/CW handhelds for most HF and VHF bands. I still have a 200mW pep 2m rig. Battery life was poor but otherwise they were excellent radios. Mine (MX-2, 2m SSB/CW) was used with HF transverters mainly and DX over 9000 miles was worked on 10m. On 2m it worked some impressive DX handheld in 2m contests.

See http://www.mizuhoradio.com/mx.html

2 comments:

GW0KIG said...

HI Roger

I had the 40 metre version of this rig some years back. One of those rigs I wish I had never sold! It had a superb receiver as I remember.

73
Kevin

Anonymous said...

The Mizuho 2m version costs too many bucks in the ebay, sellers may be suppose that is a antique...