23 Dec 2012

Birthday card co-incidences

Today I celebrate my 64th birthday, although it is only 5 minutes since I was 18, so be warned: time passes very quickly and speeds up as you get older!
One strange thing today was some of the birthday cards. When in Oxford a few weeks ago my XYL bought me a card for my birthday, from the OXFAM shop, with the title, "Instructions are for wimps" showing a man operating 1920s radio gear - very apt for a radio amateur. Well, blow me down, I got the same card from 3 people! If you want one to send to your friends, they have plain insides so can be used for an occasion, they come from  www.cathtatecards.com.

Now, to my mind, the operator looks a bit like Julian G4ILO. Perhaps it was his grandfather!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations
73 Ron
PA2RF

Unknown said...

My workbench isn't that messy.

Congratulations on your birthday!

Ricardo - CT2GQV said...

Happy Birthday!
Incidentally it's my birthday also, and I think the "transistor" to: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Replica-of-first-transistor.jpg

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Roger, pity its so close to Christmas, suppose you have always had birthday and Christmas present rolled up into one.

73 de Martin, G4FFC

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Congratulations Roger (and Ricardo).
Wish you a very happy birthay.

73, Bas

Paul Stam PAØK said...

Happy Birthday!

Roger G3XBM said...

Ricardo - a very happy birthday to you too!

Thank you everyone for your best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Roger

Tony G4lLLW

Dick said...

Happy birthday to you and everyone born 23/12

Anonymous said...

Roger,

Happy Birthday and Seasons Greetings.

Indeed, in the blink of an eye it seems.

Nice card, I've seen it before, John GM4SLV has a picture of it on his Blog. It certainly rings home for those of us incessant tinkers.

cheers es 73/72 Graham ve3gtc