22 Apr 2009

Anyone built the Gnat-1 micro-transceiver?

Has anyone reading this blog built the neat little GNAT-1 transceiver featured in SPRAT 138 (Spring 2009) by Chris Trask N7ZWY? This looks a very elegant design making good use of the small number of parts needed. I must have a go. Unlike the FETer and similar micro-transceivers it doesn't need complex switching and it produces a decent RF output.

Chris tells me he hasn't actually air-tested the circuit (surprisingly), so I'd like to hear how people get on. It is important to keep the key leads short Chris advises.

2 comments:

goody said...

I built one several weeks ago but couldn't get it to oscillate. It's still on the bench; I just haven't had the time to play with it more....

72
Goody
K3NG

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks for the feedback Goody. Guess I'll just have to build one to see how it performs.