24 Jan 2023

23cm webpage added

As I have started my adventure on 23cm, it seemed the right time to add a webpage about 23cm on my website. Many are dead serious about the band with big antennas and high power. I am only playing!

As you know, I am using the transverter from SG Labs which looks well made. Several people have these and are pleased.

Yesterday was my first ever 23cm QSO.

See https://sites.google.com/view/g3xbm4/home/vhfuhfmicrowaves/23cm .

UPDATE 1406z:  I tried to see if there was any sign of the 23cm beacon on Dunstable Downs GB3DUN on 1296.890 MHz. Nothing at all was spotted despite moving the antenna around to try to detect it, perhaps by a reflection off something. From here, this path is well obstructed. I assume it is on the air. The Martlesham beacon GB3MHZ on 1296.830 MHz is on the wrong side of the house, so I think I have no chance. I shall have a go though later.

No comments: