17 Jan 2023

23cm activity contest this evening

My first test on 23cms TX will be tonight. I have only got the 2 element test antenna and 2W PEP, so I hope I can copy (and work?) any locals that may be on, otherwise I shall have to set up some skeds. 

All is set up. In the past my only (ever) outing on 23cms was on RX only with a borrowed converter and homemade 4 el yagi. Like then (1970s?), everything is indoors firing through the shack window.

These tests are all in the shack. Later this year I hope to try some /P on 23cms.

See https://www.rsgbcc.org/cgi-bin/contest_rules.pl?year=2023&contest=uhfukac .

1 comment:

Jan, OZ9QV said...

Good luck, Roger!

I am working on getting back on 23cm myself. It will take a while because I need it to be warm enough to mount a small rotatable antenna. But I think the transceiver will be ready this week.

73, Jan, OZ9QV