22 Sept 2021

Religions - NOT amateur radio

As a youth, I was quite a good Christian. As I got older, I have become less sure what I believe.  I think agnostic best describes me: I am unsure.

It seems to me that all world religions hint at something beyond ourselves. It puzzles me that, depending on where we are in the world, we are Christians, Jews, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Taos, Dos etc. All cannot be totally wrong. It seems amazing to me that in different cultures different religions take hold. 

There has always been an element of trying to "sell" a particular religion to a different culture with the chosen religion always being "right". 

Most wars and conflicts have religions at their heart, sadly.

No, I think all religions are hints and try to explain our finite lives. Not one religion succeeds in my view.


No comments: