7 Sept 2021

10m WISPY TX WSPR beacon TX


Many years ago I designed and made this TX beacon for 10m WSPR. You might like to try it as a winter project. 

If you want more power, just add more 2N3904s in the PA. This is far cheaper than a dedicated PA device. Even with QRPP you can expect plenty of spots when 10m is good. It is getting better again now the sunspots and solar flux are climbing.

The photo shows the first breadboard. 

It is a DSB design using low cost 14.060MHz crystals. I was surprised by the vast amount of 10m WSPR this summer.

As I recall, I used matched germanium diodes in the balanced mixer, but I am sure Schottky diodes would be fine. Do not be afraid to experiment! As with all my circuits, use these designs as a starting point. If you can make them better, great.

See https://sites.google.com/view/g3xbm4/home/hf-mf-and-lf/homebrew/10m-wispy for more details and a clearer schematic.



No comments: