23 Feb 2021

ICOM - IC-705: still tempted

The price of this rig, like the IC-7300 and IC-9700, is not going to fall any time soon. 

Clearly, if you want one from a UK dealer in the next few years it is very unlikely that prices will fall. It is definitely my kind of radio, but I do not like the price.  I like the connectivity options and the GPS.

The feeling you are left with is that this radio is market priced. Prices will not drop if we are prepared to pay the current price. Clearly many are.

If I get a decent trade on my FT991A, I might be tempted...

Several dealers are selling them ex-stock now.

2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Roger, I don't know what your age is but I think you're old and wise. How many years you think you have left. At your age and if I had the money, I would not hesistate to buy a too expensive radio when I was certain it would fit me perfectly. You can't bring your money with you when your time is over. Enjoy while you still can! 73, Bas

Roger G3XBM said...

Definitely old Bas, but wise? HI.