7 Apr 2020

SETI - NOT amateur radio

As far as I know, the SETI program ( the search for extra-terrestrial intelligent life) has been going since the 1960s. To this date, I am not aware of any success. I suppose it is just possible that certain governments have kept results secret, but I think this is highly unlikely.

The widely quoted Drake equation predicted we would find many such civilisations "out there".  Oddly, not one has been found!  Something must be wrong with how we are searching. After all this time, surely we would have spotted some evidence?

The evidence for planets around distant stars is growing daily, yet still the hunt goes on. I wonder what the issue is?

As far as I know, we have still to get any evidence of life on other planets at all, whether intelligent or not!

I am not saying stop looking, but I am puzzled.

No comments: