1 Mar 2020

What is the best HF band at the moment?

Some people ask what is the best HF band currently? I guess this depends on what you are after. In terms of the best daylight band I guess 20m or 17m. Later in the day, lower frequencies are better. 17m has the advantage of being less busy than 20m and the antennas are smaller. However, it will close to DX sooner than 20m.

If you have time and patience, 15m, 12m and 10m can open for DX far more often than people think, especially on N-S paths. Es can liven up 10m and 6m at any part of the solar cycle in May, June, July and August. Es openings can occur at any time but tend to be best in these months.

1 comment:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Personally I would say the 60m band is the best DX band at this moment of solar cycle minimum. Though I'm often DXing when it is dark. At daylight I have no time to be on the radio. 73, Bas