15 Mar 2020

2m FT8

At about 1730z I QSYed to 2m FT8 from 20m FT8. Still using about 10W to the big-wheel omni.

UPDATE 1744z:  So far, 22 stations in 5 countries have already spotted me. I am convinced this is some sort of scatter, not aircraft scatter, as it is so consistent. Polarisation seems less important as I get nearly as many spots with the vertical omni.  Best DX is a spot by DF6PW (562km).

UPDATE 1822:  Well that was odd!  After about 40 minutes I was seeing stations but these were not appearing on PSKreporter. In the end, I restarted the PC and all now seems well. I can only conclude this was some sort of software issue that was cleared by resetting the PC. On RX 2 spots so far in 2 countries with the best DX being GW8ASA (301km). 26 spots of me so far today.

UPDATE 2229z: Now spotted by 31 stations in 5 countries. Going QRT shortly.

No comments: