26 Sept 2019

Trump Impeachment - NOT amateur radio

Whilst I fully accept that the good people of the USA are free to elect whoever they wish as their president, I personally have problems with President Trump and PM Johnson.

Both men seem to me (personal view and others are free to hold different views) to be right wing and rather poor in their roles. President Trump seems to me to be out of step with many e.g. over climate change and Iran to name just 2. His actions seem to fall short of what I'd expect from a true statesman. PM Johnson seems to be in a similar vein.

We'll see what the impeachment enquiry into the activities of President Trump reveal.

All I ever wish is that leaders of the western nations act as true statesmen, thinking long-term and not about their own careers. I struggle to think of any leaders who are more focussed on the long-term good of the planet rather than their own short-term well beings.

No comments: