26 Sept 2019

ISWL

Way back in the 1960s, and again much later, I was a member of the International Short Wave League (ISWL). In the 1960s it was quite a large international organisation producing a monthly magazine called "Monitor".  At that time, years before I was a licenced amateur, it had a tapesponding section and I exchanged tapes with an SWL in N.W. USA near Seattle. This continued for several years. I do not know what happened to him.

I think the ISWL still exists (just) but when I left for the second time many years ago it was down to a few hundred members. The ISWL was unique in that it catered for broadcast listeners as well as amateurs.

If it still exists, I would expect it has very few members left. If anyone knows how it is today, please let me now. I left for the second time as it ceased to meet my needs. The website still exists, but it looks the same as it did many years ago.

See http://www.iswl.org.uk/

No comments: