28 Jun 2019

Far East again being worked from Western Europe on 6m FT8

As often happens in June, the very long 6m path from Western Europe to the Far East is again being worked, at least by the better equipped stations. It remains to be seen whether or not I spot any with my very basic set-up here! I use a V2000 omni vertical fed with CB coax. There are plenty of Europeans being copied her via Es on 6m.

UPDATE 1133z: 63 EUs spotted on 6m FT8 RX, but no Far East here again 😕

UPDATE 1246z: 74 stations spotted today on 6m FT8 RX. At the moment my impression is that "real DX" is not as good as last season. Yes, I have spotted Europe, Asia, Caribbean and North America on 6m FT8, but I think this year there were fewer stations. OK, it is still June and things could still get better.

UPDATE 1552z: 121 stations spotted today on 6m FT8 RX. No "real DX" on my modest set-up!

UPDATE 2238z: Some minutes ago I QSYed to 2m FT8 (see later post).

No comments: