16 Aug 2018

2m FT8 again

Yet again I am on 2m FT8. An earlier CQ call (2.5W) this morning was spotted by G7RAU (461km) in Cornwall. He seems to spot me every time!

Already this morning I have spotted a couple of stations in Brittany. Yesterday was typical with DX previously unheard of on my simple system within reach.

The map shows what I spotted in the last day on 2m FT8. Antenna is just the big-wheel omni.

UPDATE 1647z: A quieter day so far with 10 stations in 3 countries spotted here on 2m FT8 RX. Best DX is F6DBI (501km).

UPDATE 1956z: Yet again, 2m FT8 RX has surprised me today. Time now to go QRT. The map below shows the stations spotted here in the last day. Remember I just use a  big-wheel omni, no big beams!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Roger see you spotted Iz3atx on 2m today 16th Aug. I use a Raspberry Pi3 with a RTL dongle and feed the output from the sdr software back into the pi via a usb sound card to decode ft8 with WSJT-X. I upload the spots to pskreporter and dx maps. Your Antenna is working well.

Cheers

Paul

m0pnn