21 May 2018

Stroke? - NOT amateur radio

This has probably been mentioned here before, so I apologise if I am repeating myself.

One thing I am aware of is how fast things seem to be going on the roads. When I am going 50mph it feels at least 60mph. Indeed I feel like I am going 70mph. Then I see a huge queue behind me!  I am only too aware that I drive more slowly than I did. It feels embarrassing, but cannot safely drive faster.

OK I am growing older and becoming a grumpy old man. Maybe it is an age thing, but it as if my brain operates at a slower pace. I also find watching subtitles on TV hard work. Usually I give up!

It feels like the recovery from my stroke has stalled.

See https://sites.google.com/site/g3xbmqrp3/stroke .

2 comments:

tmw said...

Did I post this before? I've been meaning to mention if you're still having issues with thin liquids, there's a great thing called Xanthan Gum ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanthan_gum can probably find it at the store or order it online. I was a friend's dinner recently where his chef friend had us try it in water at various percentages and it really does thicken stuff up without changing the taste at all. Keep on being great! I always look forward to your posts.

Roger G3XBM said...

Thanks. I am a lot better than I was, but coffee seems to be the most problematic. For some reason cold drinks are easier than hot. It is not that I can't drink, just it is not problem-free, as it once was.