9 Feb 2018

A REAL FT818???

It seems there may be a real FT818 coming to replace the FT817.

I have no facts, so this could all be wrong. From what this hints at, I am underwhelmed. The replacement should have been launched in 2013 (latest) and not on the way down to the biggest lull in solar activity in a very long time. Any replacement will have to have some real killer features.

Unless this is a real success, I could see Yaesu go out of business. As a Yaesu fan since the 1970s I hope I'm wrong. In recent years though they have been timid followers rather than leaders in my view. Others may see things differently, but look at the FT991A, hastily launched to try to win business back from the ICOM IC7300.

See http://qrpblog.com/2018/02/yaesu-ft-818-details-leaked-ft-817nd-replacement/

No comments: