19 Apr 2015

No 10m USA spots of me today

I was both surprised and disappointed that, as of now at least, I have received no USA 10m WSPR spots today.  With high sunspot numbers, not very disturbed conditions and a "good" forecast for 10m, I thought I might have some success today. Although using a better antenna, G4IKZ was spotting Brazilians on 10m WSPR earlier. At present I need a separate RX to listen on 10m as I tend to TX 100% but randomise TX frequency.

UPDATE 1926z:  Still no USA stations, so I think I may have lost their reports until the autumn, although some might be able to spot my 500mW WSPR beacon by multi-hop Es over the summer. If the USA stations were going to spot me (as they did daily for months and months) today was probably the best chance in several weeks. It is several hours since G4IKZ has spotted me. I think Nick must be pointing his Moxon beam south?

UPDATE 2018z:  Still no spots by USA 10m stations. In fact no DX at all all day long on 10m! Soon be time to go QRT on 10m . I have already gone QRT on 630m (472kHz) as I have connected the earth-electrodes to my VLF beacon in readiness for the test tomorrow.

UPDATE 2155z:  I decided to leave my 500mW 10m WSPR beacon running through the night.  Judging by results today, I am only likely to get G spots off aircraft or locally.

No comments: