13 Sept 2014

10m WSPR - now Brazil

This has been a splendid day on 10m WSPR.

I was about to QSY when spots were exchanged with PT2WWV (8873km) in Brasilia, Brazil just now. Will stick around on 10m a while longer as anything seems possible.

It would not totally surprise me that much if VKs or ZLs started to come through long path later.

UPDATE 2006z:   PT2WWV is coming in on 10m WSPR very strongly.  Five exchanges so far at 2002z.

UPDATE 2035z:  Will this great 10m day never end? Now OH7AI (2000km) is being spotted here via Es. During the day we have seen Es all around Europe, GDX, near continent by Es, tropo, aircraft reflection or backscatter and really decent long distance DX to all over the place as well. Apparently I missed some VKs on 10m early this morning.

UPDATE 2125z:   All seems quiet on 10m now with just local G0LRD (25km) and I exchanging spots . Will be staying with 10m overnight, hoping to catch some breakfast time DX and maybe some fun during the night. Yet more excitement is possible before bedtime.

UPDATE 2152z:  OH5XO (1943km) using 200mW is now being spotted at -16dB S/N. It goes on and on. What next?

2 comments:

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Yes I spotted one VK this morning! Indeed a nice day on 10m. Spotted in Cameroon with my 1W. 75th DXCC on WSPR. 73, Bas

Roger G3XBM said...

Bas, I've not been keeping a track of 10m WSPR DXCC - good idea. Cameroon was a new one for me. There are very few Africans on WSPR.