25 May 2022

Failed by the RSGB and OFCOM?

For 60 years I have been an RSGB member, but I feel I am being failed. Let me explain.

OFCOM is on record as saying they will NEVER allow UK radio amateurs on 8m. Why? 

The RSGB has (it would appear meekly) said "OK" to this. Wouldn't it have been nice if, for once, they had said "rubbish!!"?

In my view they should have said a very few kHz wide band at 40.680 MHz USB dial, narrow digital modes only, by NoV, strictly non-interference would have actively encouraged self training and propagation research. Personally I would happily lost a few kilohertz off any band for a few kilohertz around 40.680 MHz.

Instead we can talk about hernias and potted plants with 400W and commercial gear on 80m!  Absolute madness!!

RSGB and OFCOM please wake up.

No comments: