24 Aug 2022

ICOM announces SHF transceiver at Tokyo Hamfest

This is the IC-905. I am extremely sceptical.  I cannot see them selling that many or making a profit. Maybe it is a lost leader, really they are aiming to make a profit on something similar in the commercial market. 

It seems unlikely to be available much before late 2023 and at what price? The price has to be very keen or they risk a total flop.

If I was ICOM, I really would not bother. Mind you, I am not ICOM!

Nice concept, but in this tough world will it make them any money?

2 comments:

Sherm said...

I have to admit, my first thought was, "What is a S**t Hit the Fan transceiver?"

Martin said...

Icom and the others would probably do better with a 2 mtr and 70 cms multimode rather than this fancy rig.

de Martin, G4FFC