6 Jun 2022

Jubilee weekend - NOT amateur radio

A royalist I am not, and I abhor status and wealth simply because of who you or your ancestors are/were. However, I have great respect for the UK queen, who has been on the throne for 70 long years. She has been a symbol of stability all that time. In all my years, I cannot remember anyone else.  I think Charles will have a hard act to follow. 

If the UK was to become a republic, I cannot think who would be president! Nobody comes to mind as a really well respected person.

Maybe the future is a reformed monarchy with less stuffiness and fewer "hangers on"?

2 comments:

Fred said...

If the UK was to become a republic, you will have to change the wording of your National Anthem, I hope it will not be GOD SAVE BORIS

Roger G3XBM said...

God help us if that was ever so. Even I would emigrate!!