15 Feb 2019

10m FT8

Most of the day I have been monitoring 10m FT8 RX. So far, 5 spots with my best DX F5RD (681km) in central France. Not sure if this was a slight bit of Es or aircraft reflection.

At the moment many users have deserted 10m, although I expect they will be back in the main Es season from April-August. As FT8 seems to show, 10m is actually open (albeit briefly) on many days. It would not surprise me to hear that better equipped stations could work N-S DX paths on many days, although you need activity!

1 comment:

John, EI7GL said...

Hi Roger

I have been listening over the last few days on 28 MHz as well and found conditions to be pretty poor... https://ei7gl.blogspot.com/2019/02/ft8-signals-heard-on-28-mhz-9th-10th.html

I suspect it's a lack of propagation and a lack of stations on the band.

Perhaps it might pick up as we approach the equinox in March?