20 May 2023

OFCOM crappery

Way back in early April I wrote to OFCOM to request a simple change to my 8m T&I licence. They wrote back to say they were very busy, but I have still not received an answer. The answer would have taken about 90 seconds in an email.  I am sure that if I was talking about 6G I would have got an answer back in just minutes!!

No, basically we do not matter much and it shows.  My own view of OFCOM is they could not care less about anybody unless they can generate money. 

Is this the future? Deregulation and go ahead, but you must not cause interference to services that generate money.  As mentioned before, I can see a day coming when all non-licenced operation is combined and we can use any CB, amateur radio frequencies and ISM frequencies without a licence. Amateur radio generates no money, so why care?

The Es season is already well through.  Perhaps I should go ahead anyway and seek forgiveness later!

BTW, OFCOM updates the data it holds every week. See the OFCOM website for the latest.

No comments: