3 Mar 2023

ICOM's IC-905 microwave transceiver price


MLS has just announced the expected price of the ICOM microwave transceiver , the IC-905. It is expected to be £3549.95.  It covers 2m,70cm, 23cm, 13cm and 6cm. 3cm needs another transverter.

At this price, I really cannot see huge sales.  Remember the GPS receiver and a 10 GHz transverter are extras on top. I cannot see change from £4000. This sort of price is only for the well off. Also, microwave antennas are on top as well!

No, I predict this will flop and be withdrawn within 2 years.

ICOM make some very good products and I really hope I am wrong. Sadly these manufacturers and dealers are, ultimately, in business to made profits. I just cannot see how this will make them money. They will sell a few to the well off, but I cannot see this ever becoming a mass seller.

See https://www.hamradio.co.uk/icom-ic-905-vhf-uhf-shf-transceiver-deposit-only .

No comments: