23 Apr 2021

10FT8R RX working!

My DSB RX for 10m FT8 is complete and working. 

I had a few problems getting the crystal pulled down enough, but a small inductor in series with the crystal did the trick. I shall tell you how I netted the crystal in another post.

So far, ES2AJ (1716km) has been spotted using just the indoor loop at -12dB S/N, which is strong. This means the "big rig" does not have to be tied up when monitoring 10m FT8. 

In the end I started with my WISPY RX which I found. The sharp eyed may notice an unused oscillator buffer which can be removed from the board. A simple PCB could be made if this was ever a club project.

All being well, I shall publish the circuit over the weekend.

4 comments:

g4apb said...

Well done Roger.
I have my QCX-mini (was mainly a single band cw trx) receiving FT8 on 40m after a minor mod and using a 1m dia magloop antenna. The QCX mini is only the size of a cigarette packet so like you, does not tie up my main rig. Getting it to transmit FT8 using a DSB mixer tx stage is the tricky bit now.
best of luck.
73 Ken g4apb

PA2RF said...

Congratulations

Jan, OZ9QV said...

Great to see that you got it up and running, freeing the main transceiver for other stuff.
73 de Jan OZ9QV

G1KQH said...

You have still got it..

Well done!


73's Steve