20 Nov 2017

630m OPERA RX

OK, I may give this a try tonight. The software needs downloading and I  have to find the right frequencies, but it is more sensitive than WSPR, so seems worth a try. My noise floor (S7) may limit what I can decode.

UPDATE 2040z: So I downloaded OPERA software, set the AGC to "off", set the frequency to 477kHz DIG (i.e. USB), set the RX to "wide", but so far nothing received!

UPDATE 2220z: 3 stations copied on 630m OPERA with best DX so far being LA3EQ (768km). I might give OPERA TX a try tomorrow evening. Others with a lower noise floor might be able to spot me on OPERA but not on WSPR?

2 comments:

Jan Lustrup LA3EQ said...

Congrats in spotting VO1NA...

Tnx fer spoting me too..

73's Jan LA3EQ

Roger G3XBM said...

Thank you Jan. Always a pleasure to spot you!