14 Oct 2017

Mending my 630m earth-electrode "antenna"

630m transverter
Back in the spring, my brother managed to cut my 630m earth-electrode "antenna" whilst staking a tree for me. I have not got around to repairing it. If the weather is good tomorrow, I might get the extension lead and soldering iron out in the garden and try to mend it. I could use it as an "antenna" or as a ground for my current vertical Marconi (very poor!) to see if it raises the ERP a bit.

I noticed that the coax to my 2m big-wheel (used as a Marconi via an ATU on 630m) is barely 0.5m above the ground for half its length, so I am surprised it radiates anything, especially with just a mains plug earth.

630m ATU
If you want to see 630m on a shoestring, look at this setup! There should be 2 pictures attached showing (1) my transverter and (2) ferrite rod ATU.

No comments: