23 Feb 2016

More OFCOM crappery?

See http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/2GHz-mobile-satellite-systems/?utm_source=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2GHz-mobile-satellite-systems.

Why do I dislike OFCOM so much? I think it is because I am turning into a "grumpy old man" who has a dislike of organisations that seem to be forever justifying their very existence. My own direct dealings with them proved them to be "yes men" who were incapable of making decisions. To me, they come across as a QUANGO and the sooner they go the better. I appreciate this is a personal view and others may well have had a better experience.

Personally, I think it would be good if they were replaced by an organisation able to make pragmatic decisions without forever having to check what the law says. With regard to UK amateur radio, they have released 2MHz of under-used spectrum at VHF on a temporary basis which has been of use to a very few.

No, in my book they add very little value. Sorry, my view.

No comments: