17 Jan 2016

472kHz WSPR

At 1750z I QSYed to MF (5mW ERP TX 20%, RX 80% with no preamp).  As yet, no spots but it is early evening and the crystal in the transverter is probably still settling on TX. On RX the transverter simply passes the signal directly to the FT817.

UPDATE 1815z:  I see local Jenny  G0VQH (15km) was the first spotter on 472kHz WSPR this evening.
UPDATE 1835z:  These are the 472kHz WSPR spots so far this evening.

UPDATE  1935z:  Currently I use WSJT V1.6 for WSPR and JT modes. At 1916z I spotted PA3ABK/2 (306km) for the second time this evening but the spot did not appear on WSPRnet. I checked my clock was synced (it was) and I have internet connectivity. Maybe there is a bug with  V1.6 or WSPRnet was down at the time this would have been uploaded?

UPDATE 2016z:   I am now RX only on 472kHz WSPR with the preamp.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Roger - do you use any sort of heating on your 3.2MHz crystal, such as a small warm resistor beside it? I'm thinking of using a similar scheme for a xvrtr here and am curious about the stability. I gather it is fine for WSPR and JT9 work on 630?

Steve VE7SL 73

Roger G3XBM said...

No Steve. Crystal drift is very low after the first few minutes so it was not considered necessary.

PE4BAS, Bas said...

Had several times I couldn't access wsprnet.org today. 73, Bas