5 Nov 2015

QSYed from 6m to 630m (472kHz)

I have turned off the 6m WSPR station until the morning after breakfast and turned on 472kHz (630m) WSPR RX only with the preamp.  I am using the "earth-electrode "antenna".  I have left the 10m QRP WSPR beacon running and resync'd it to internet time, although I don't think this was really needed. I'll probably turn off the 10m beacon later tonight.
Initial WSPR spots on 472kHz RX this evening
UPDATE 2014z:  So far this evening spots given to just 7 different stations on 472kHz WSPR.

UPDATE 2100z:   472kHz RX, even with the preamp, is disappointing with not a single station over 1000km spotted again so far. I shall leave the RX running overnight just in case, although I am not too hopeful.

3 comments:

Jan Lustrup LA3EQ said...

Are you using ground rods as an antenna this evening on 474.2 kHz WSPR?
Jan- LA3EQ

Roger G3XBM said...

Yes, I am Jan. Several spots of you already.

Jan Lustrup LA3EQ said...

OK, Yes I see you have decoded me many times last night. Nice...
Did you Know FR5ZX in Union island had copied many European stations last night?
Spesial condx....
Jan