3 Oct 2015

Where is the IC7300?

Today, through the post, I got my November 2015 copy of Practical Wireless. Suspiciously I could find no pictures or mention of the ICOM IC7300 transceiver in any advert at all. It is almost as if all the dealers have been told in no uncertain terms to sell the current products and, on pain of death, do not under any circumstances mention the IC7300. I am not saying this as fact, but it is all rather odd. A month ago everyone was full of the news and products were expected to ship by the year end. Perhaps ICOM have had second thoughts or were losing sales of current products?

There were plenty of adverts for the Yaesu FT991, although even the best published prices have since been bettered. No, I am very suspicious about why there is no mention of the IC7300. Just one dealer OK, this I could believe, but all of them tight-lipped???

ICOM what is behind this? Is there a story we are not being told?

2 comments:

G1KQH said...

I think PW is a month or two behind..

Don't worry I am sure we will see the 7300 in the flesh soon..

The 991 is my radio of the year, especially if we see the price fall below 800..


73 Steve

Roger G3XBM said...

My point is LAST month PW ads and text were full of the IC7300. It is almost as if ALL the dealers have been gagged. It will be interesting to see the ads in RadCom in a few weeks. Me thinks something is going on and we are not being told. If they really wanted to sell the IC7300 the ads would be full of it. There was NO mention of it this month, whereas last month there was.