6 Oct 2015

More Sputniks

This just arrived from Oleg:

"Dear Space Friends,
First of all I happy to inform about Sputnik QSOs.
Thanks Cosmonauts Jos ON6WJ and Jozef OM6TC for reports and very nice
pictures of their Sputniks.
Using 800 mW TX on 3561 kHz Jos ON6WJ/S logged follow stations ON5JD,
PA0FOX, DG3DBO, ON4ADI, F3ET.
Jozef OM6TC used 100 mW two "rod" tubes TX 21060 kHz logged OM3PV.
Me, over a hour I CQ'ed on 14060 kHz with my "Vanguard" 50 mW but got
only  RBN  reports  from  DL,  HA,  SM  2...10 dB. Sorry no one alive
operator copied my "Vanguard" TX.
See pictures and read comments on the "Sputnik Days" page on the Club
72 site - www.club72.su

72! beep-beep-beep...
Deep Space Communications Center
operator on duty -
Oleg ("Mr. 72") RV3GM / KH6OB"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Still working on mine - a replica of the original TX with three 2P19B rod tubes. It took more time than I expected. The switch mode PSU is working now, generating the +130, +90, +10 and -7.5V from an ordinary 13.8V supply. The oscillator will be ready tonight and hopefully the PA later this week, so I can join the party.