6 Oct 2015

2m UKAC contest

This is on this evening from 1900z. The contest lasts for 2.5 hours, although I can usually manage only an hour or less because of my poor voice. I actually feel below par so an hour will be the most I can manage. I shall be using the FT817 at 5w pep and the 2m big-wheel horizontal omni.

UPDATE 2008z:  In the end I only stopped for about 30 minutes to make 4 QSOs as I was just too unwell to continue. Had I stopped on I am sure lots more QTH squares were workable.  On top of my other problems I think I may have caught a virus as I feel more exhausted and tired than I have done in over a year. Hopefully it will pass. At the moment I am WSPRing (RX only on 472kHz) with my Par tribander as antenna. This is an experiment as I can monitor WSPRnet on a laptop in the lounge.

No comments: