The rig doesn't look very pretty, in my view, and I/ve no idea about its availability in Europe including the UK.
The spec is:
- RX frequency range: 0.1 ~ 30MHz
- TX frequency range: 0.1 ~ 30MHz
- Operating Mode: SSB / CW
- Receiving sensitivity: better than 0.45uV,
- RF output power: ≥ 4.5W
- Frequency stability: better than 0.5ppm
- Operating voltage: 12.0 ~ 14.0V DC
- RX Standby Current: 0.5A
- TX current: 1.5A Max
- Dimensions: 97 x 40 x 155 (mm)
Now, there are clearly signs that the Chinese are coming up fast on the HF QRP transceiver front. It surely cannot be long before a Chinese company launches an FT817 competitor. They have a tall order to exceed its spec but they've had 13 years to dissect and analyse the Yaesu radio.