13 Dec 2012

Dell - they listened

A few days ago I mentioned my run-in with Dell support and their refusal to repair my laptop's power connector socket under their 4 year hardware warranty claiming it was "wear and tear". Well one of my readers Mark G0NMY kindly sent Michael Dell's email address michael@dell.com - he is the founder and MD - so last night I wrote a well reasoned letter to him explaining my disappointment with the level of customer service and why I believed they were wrong.

Blow me down, this morning I got a phone call from the corporate office saying they had arranged an engineer to come out next Tuesday to fix the laptop free of charge!  To say I was amazed is an understatement. It took conversations with 4 people and an email to the MD of Dell to get the correct response but, bless them, they've "come good" in the end.

So, thank you for listening Dell. You are in my good books again.

2 comments:

Paul Stam PAØK said...

I wish I had his mail too a few years ago...

Anonymous said...

I had similar issues with Vodafone a few months ago - the online fault reporting forum and various other methods of communications failed to get them to admit to a failed base station (leading to no coverage at my house). An email to the Managing Director brought a response from the Director's Office, and an agreement that their handling of the complaint so far had been woefully inadequate. I had 2 month's rental refunded and regular updates until the antenna repairs were complete.

Never be afraid of going to the top, at the first opportunity...