8 Jul 2012

G3XBM Shack - 1977 style

My shack in 1977. I still use the same Morse key.
Just came across this picture of my shack in 1977. On the left is the Eddystone EC10 receiver. Next to it is a crystal controlled CW transmitter for 28MHz and a down-converter to 4-6MHz IF, tuned on the EC10. On the far right is the Belcom Liner-2 2m SSB transceiver, a state-of-the-art rig at the time. The boy in the chair is my son aged 2 at the time. These days he is a successful professional jazz musician. I never did interest him or his younger brother in amateur radio.

2 comments:

VE9KK said...

I have a similar picture of my son and me when he was 3 years old. He had my headphones on sitting with me in front of my Icom 735. Ben as seen it and I was able to have it published CQ magazine. It was for an a piece on new op's....which I was back then. Thanks for the shot it brought back some nice memories.

Michael, AA1TJ said...

Nice, Roger. Thanks for sharing.

My "Elmer" had nine or ten sons and one daughter; none of which took up his radio interest. Luckily for me, he found time to mentor a kid from the neighborhood that thought his hamshack was akin to "the magic kingdom."