When I was younger a popular non-fiction book was "Chariots of the Gods" by Erich von Daniken. I see it is still available from Amazon.
The premise of the book, as I recall, was that we might have been visited by aliens from other worlds that people interpreted as supernatural. Remember we still believed in witches not too long ago!
The premise might be wrong, but remember people would not have known how to interpret such events back then.
It is possible that many past things and religious events could have had a non-supernatural origin. This is true in the Jewish and Christian traditions and in other great religions around the world.
I am not saying these great events were not supernatural, but they could have been something totally outside of the experiences of people at the time.
It is true to say, I am agnostic.

No comments:
Post a Comment