7 Jul 2024

QMX+ fixes

Thank you for all the help to overcome the few issues I had with my QMX+ transceiver. This is a great radio and I am well pleased with it. 

I have still to try the fixes recommended for it, but this should make a great radio even better!

My recommendations for future software/firmware updates are:

  • Digital RX audio level adjustable with the volume control knob.
  • Increase the default digital RX audio levels on higher bands.
  • RF power output adjustable in the menu (power output shown on display as adjusted).
  • WSPR level (especially in beacon mode) defaults to a safe level to protect the PA devices.
  • Add SSB!
  • Make the audio sound card(s) in the QMX+ always be recognised by a Windows PC.
  • Make 8m (40.680 MHz) a selectable band.
I am aware that not all may be possible, but these are the things that come to mind. There must be others too.

No comments: