26 Jun 2024

8m TX permit

 Just got this from OFCOM......

Hi @Roger Lapthorn,

I’m afraid we can’t make any changes to the application.

We simply go of the dates provided in the application – You can of course apply again in the new year if you need more time for your project.

...and of course pay another £50!! Need I say more? Brain? Think? I am left feeling they really are stupid or brain dead.

Just to do experimentation? In the past they would just have issued an NoV to my amateur licence for free!! Meanwhile 2 MHz of VHF spectrum is available for radio amateurs by NoV. I am asking for just a few kilohertz at low power. I cannot contain my anger!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reckon the MOD don't like us playing around on 40MHz, otherwise we would have been given a portion by now?

73's Steve

Roger G3XBM said...

Yet with many UK permits we can run hundreds of watts without callsigns and be untraceable!! Under ISM rules anyone can operate 40.66 to 40.70 without a licence or callsign. Totally crazy!!