28 Mar 2024

10m QRPP WSPR (Thursday)

Once again I am on 10m WSPR with just 500uW (0.5mW) and I have already had 6 spots from EA8BFK (2880km) and one from Greece (a new country with ultra QRPP).

These last few days have been good. I must try to correlate this with solar conditions. I would expect to see some sort of relationship. I would not have thought these last few days were exceptional. Good, yes, but not exceptional.

A reminder that my beacon is pre-programmed to report the power is 500mW even though it is just 500uW (0.5mW) during these tests. 

I continue to be amazed.

It will be interesting trying ultra QRPP during the Es season.

UPDATE 1245z:  Already 18 spots today. EA8BFK (2880km) has spotted me as strongly as -16dB S/N  when I was running just 500uW suggesting 16dB weaker still might have been copied. 

UPDATE 1730z:  22 spots of me today at 500uW including a new reporter in the USA, who received me strongly. Amazing!!  


No comments: